I have been using Akismet, a free tool that can prevent spam comments, trackbacks and pingbacks for your blog, since I start blogging here. Last couple of months, I noticed that Akismet failed to prevent spam comments, trackbacks and pingbacks for my wordpress blog. Then I switched to Typepad Antispam as a test. I’m very pleased that it does pretty well and probably does better than Akismet.
For wordpress blog
- Download the TypePad AntiSpam plugin.
- Unzip the archive and upload to plugins directory under wp-content of your wordpress blog.
- Deactivate the current Akismat plugin (if you’re using it)
- Get an API key. If you don’t have it, you can get TypeKey account. (It is FREE)
- Activate TypePad AntiSpam.
- Enter the API Key.