Installing Apache Web Server, php and MySQL individually on Windows is not easy task. Because it might takes long time time to make so many configurations to work well such as editing in .ini setting, httpd.conf and many services and extensions used by Apache, php and MySql.
- Check the version history from Appserv.
- download the latest stable released Appserv windows installer version from SourceForget.net.
Run the Appserv setup (.exe) file which you downloaded.
Before you install Appserv package make sure that you stop IIS if you has installed IIS in your machine because only one web server can run in single machine.
- You’ll see Welcome Message, click ‘Next’.
- You’ll see License Agreement, click ‘Next’
- Choose the installation directory, c:\appserv as default. Click “Next”.
- Select the applications you wish to install, all of four services checked as default. Click ‘Next’.
- Enter the Apache web server information. Normally, you can put whatever you want. In Web Server Name, you can put “www.example.com” or something like this. Administrator’s Email Address, put your email address or “[email protected]”.
- Enter password for Mysql root user, enter a password which is easier to remember when you login to mysql database as root.
- You’ll see installation progress.
- Start Apache web server and Mysql service. Click “Finished”.
Remember that I’m using Appserv 2.5.9 in this post.
Using another package called XAMPP
Michael Sync covered the post about installation Apache server, php, mysql and phpMyAdmin using XAMPP package. He aslo explained how to install wordpress in that post.